Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Your Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

I have debated on posting this for about a month now but that time has come that it is no longer a question in my head.




About three and a half years ago my step father went to the hospital to have his appendix removed. He was suffering from severe pains in his abdomen. We rushed him to the Emergency Room where they said it was indeed about to rupture. They put him in surgery immediately to remove it. While doing that they found a mass on his kidneys. With no insurance and and all ready outstanding hospital bill we couldn't do anything further about it.

In July of last year he was in a wreck where they took him to the same hospital and the physicians noticed that it had grew. Yet again he was still unable to have health insurance so with yet another hospital bill burdened upon us we were still unable to proceed.

In January of this year we noticed several things were starting to go wrong. He wasn't remembering things, he couldn't eat and was in severe pain and fever of 103.7 on a constant so we took him to the Emergency Room again. He was there for nearly a week. They finally acknowledged the mass on his kidneys and found  what they called "multiple bilateral pulmonary nodular opacities" in both of his lungs. The hospital stated that they could not do a biospy due to a current staff infection that had to be cleared up.

They then sought a kidney doctor who had seen him in the hospital he told them with no insurance they said they would not see him and no other doctor would see him because a hospital would have to do it probono or come up with the money.

My mother came up with enough money to take him to see a lung doctor who called back just two days ago to do a follow up but did not have the money to take him yet again. He did tell us that he believed the nodules on his lungs were strictly pnuemonia. So that was a great sense of relief but now we're stuck with the kidney. Below I am going to write exactly what the hospital report has stated on 1/22/2013.

"This is concering for neoplasm such as renal cell carcinoma. Interval enlargement of complicated cyst could produce a similar appearance but renal cancer is the diagnosis of exclusion. Further workup is strongly recommended. Additional workup will require a multipasic CT including a noncontrast area scan, if this had not already been perfomed. Clinical correlation and correlation with any interval workip since the prior exam would be helpful."

I would be more than happy to upload this document so everyone could see that there is no story being made up.

We have called around to several, and by several I mean a lot, of cancer treatment facilities and hospitals asking if there was anything they could possibly do to assist us in this. We have tried to find someone who will give him insurance (how we would be able to pay was a task) but no one would consider him. We found out that generally if a hopstial or facility receives grants they were suppose to take in people in this scenario but still no luck.

Tomorrow they are planning one more attempt to take him to a different hospital in our area. One that has outstanding reviews in cancer treatment. This is not going to be an easy task. As I have previously stated, the hospital bills my parents have now are over the $50,000 mark. My mom is disabled due to diabetes and heart disease and cannot work and with this information being stated you understand why my step father cannot either. It's hard enough for them to pay normal bills as I could imagine it is with any family in todays economy. With them being gone I will be staying at their house to take care of the animals and daily house maintanence. If everything goes well and they do admit him for treatment or surgery what ever will be necessary then they will be pretty much living at a hospital for a great amount of time. This is not cheap. Paying for meals, gas back and forth when she is able to come home for a break or pick up clothes that needed to be taken care of and countless other things. Our every resource has been exhausted.

For this reason I was hoping that my readers (if possible) would help us in this situation. Every little bit counts. I have created a PayPal account ( make donations to Jjtrekell@aol.com) that is accepting donations. Again anything would be awesome. If you have any questions please feel more than free to contact me at mrsveryflamable@gmail.com

Again, I want to make it clear that, no, we are not 100% sure this is cancer but this is what the doctors believe it is. I am asking for help so we can find out if indeed that is what it is. My step father has 5 children (myself, my blood sister, and 3 children of his own) and 4 grandchildren (my son, one of my sisters already born son and another she's pregnant with and another one of his daughters is having a little girl) that would love to have him around for as long as we can. He has been pretty much a "father" to me for the past 8 years of my life and the only grandfather my son knows due to the fact that my biological father was not around. I couldn't imagine something happening to him knowing the access I had to be able to help in some account. If we do find out that it is for sure cancer this will continue to help.

So please donate if you can and share with your friends or anyone you know and direct them to this post. I will post updates along the way with any information we receive. I would create a Facebook page but I figured that was pointless when I already have a blog with a Facebook page that has so many dedicated readers. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and help.

Sincerely,
Kendra Browne (Mrs. Very Flamable)

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, we don't even make it pay check to pay check. I will share and if you don't mine I will put you, your stepfather and your family in our prayers. Should the opportunity arise that we can donate, I will. I am very sorry for the pain your family is going through.

    ReplyDelete