Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

 



Do you like to Garden? Have you ever heard of Heirloom Seeds? An heirloom seed is an open-pollinated cultivar, or cultivated plant that seeds come from, that is not used in large-scale modern agriculture. The strain must be of a certain age to qualify as an heirloom.



 Because heirloom varieties are unique seeds that have not been genetically modified or crossed into other strains there are no specific features that they share except that they have usually become accustomed to their local growing area's conditions over the years. 
Because heirloom seeds aren't crossed and bred locally, they can be tough to find, but you can conveniently find them reasonably priced at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.
Not only are heirloom varieties usually very tasty--after all, why would a single seed be passed down for so many years?--but they also promote genetic diversity and are not prone to diseases that can wipe out entire varieties of homogenized vegetables.

Their collection of seeds is outstanding. They have 1,450 fine varieties of seeds to choose from. They come in a very garden appropriate burlap sack stamped with their name on it. If you would like to read more about them feel free to by clicking HERE.
  Home Gardner's Seed Collection

I received their Home Gardner's Collection. This collection is perfect for the home gardener or container gardener. It contains 20 full-sized packets of seeds and The Baker Creek Vegan Cookbook—all packaged in an attractive burlap bag with a drawstring closure. Varieties in this package are chosen to be productive in both Northern and Southern climates. 
 Home Gardeners Collection
I cannot wait to get started in my garden with these. I have everything ready to go just waiting for the right day. If you're a fellow gardener you know what I mean.
I also cannot wait to get my plants grown and picked so I can put the Vegan Cookbook to use. I've never really cooked Vegan but it's not something I'm against. I'll try anything once, twice if I like it.

  Disclosure: I received no compensation for this publication. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment