Thursday, April 18, 2013

Squid Balm Review


Their vegan products are Nut-free, Bee-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free and gluten-free for sensitive skin types
Many of their products are solid which mean they are TSA friendly as well as eco-friendly.  So go on inside and explore their decadent vegan beauty goodies!

If you would like to read more about Squid Balm you may click HERE.

Squid Balm was ever so nice to send me quite a variety of their products. Below you will see those products and what I thought about them.
  Squid Balm Solid Lotion Bar

Imagine pure concentrated moisture for your skin without chemicals, preservatives or added water.  With Squid Balm solid lotion bars, you get pure hydrating emollients and natural lipids that soothe and nourish your skin, forming a protective moisture barrier that lasts even through repeated hand washing.  TSA friendly for air travel!

Directions: Just rub a bar between your hands and smoothe wherever you need extra moisture.  These bars are concentrated and designed to soften with your body's own warmth.  

My hands fell in love at first touch :) I keep this in my purse at all times. The best part is typing all day hurts my little, fragile hands lol so I ooccasionally grab it out of my purse to give them some form of escape.
   
Squid Balm Gently Oil Cleanser

Oil cleansing is the gentlest, most natural way to a clean, glowing complexion.  Harsh detergent cleansers can strip your skin, leaving it dry or even triggering excessive oil production.  Our Oil Cleanser uses natural oils to gently dissolve make-up, excess oil and trapped dirt & impurities, allowing you to simply rinse them away, leaving the natural hydrating lipids that your skin needs to function properly.
Directions:  dispense a small amount of oil cleanser into your dry hands and massage over your dry face for a minute or two. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Follow with a moisturizer IF necessary.
All cleansing oils are packaged in cobalt blue glass bottles to protect against UV light.

I have to admit at first I was pretty reluctant to put an oil cleanser on my face. I didn't quite understand how that was going to work. I mean generally oil and water don't make a good mix, but it's nothing like you would think. My face so fresh and so clean. No residue left behind or anything. I did not require the moisturizer to follow up with because I thought it did a darn good job on its own and for me to say that with all the make up a cake on my face, it's a plus!

   
Squid Balm Solid Shampoo Bar (Original Formula for dry hair)

When I opened my package and saw shampoo bar I was pretty much like no way! Have you ever heard of a shampoo bar? Ya, me neither but now that I have I am ecstatic. It works just like liquid shampoo. You wet your hair, rub the bar through it just as if you were rubbing soap on your skin and it does it's thing. Not to mention it smells great. Mine is scented Tangerine but they have other scents such as Coconut Peach, Oregon Woods and Pure Original.  If your hair isn't dry they have a light formula for all hair types you may get as well.

  Next is their handcrafted soaps. I received two of those. The first one is picture to the left and it's the Summer Melon with Avacado Oil. Summer Melon gives the scent of sweet juicy melons with a touch of summer greens.
It contains saponified oils of organic virgin coconut, organic palm kernel, pomace olive, apricot and avocado. scented with phthalate-free fragrance oil and colored naturally with extracts of neem, ivy gourde, eggplant leaf,  henna and basil.


 

The picture to the right is Plumeria with Olive Oil. 
Plumeria smells like a welcoming Hawaiian lei - 
It contains saponified oils of organic palm kernel, extra virgin olive, grapeseed & rice bran.  scented with phthalate-free fragrance oils and colored naturally with extracts of turmeric root, neem, henna, basil and ivy gourde.

 
  
 Both of these soaps are top notch for only $8 a piece. They moisturize while they clean, gotta love that! If neither of the scents sound enticing try one of their 24 other scents, the options are endless.

  Just when you thought their weird was over, you're wrong. To go with their shampoo bars they have conditioner bars. After all you can have shampoo without conditioner!

 
These amazing white bars gently detangle & condition hair without proteins or silicones to weigh down your hair. Unlike liquid conditioners, the solid form will allow you to apply just what you need without wasted product & there will be no empty plastic bottle to throw away.
A bar can last anywhere from 4-8 weeks (depending on frequency of use and proper care) making this a very economical conditioner.
TSA inspection won't be a problem either when you fly - you can keep them in your bag without hassle!
You can also use Squid Silk as a shaving lotion for delicate legs and bikini areas.  The light formula will not clog your razor blade and will rinse clean away in warm water.

Directions:  After shampooing and rinsing, rub bar in wet hair and work through. Rinse IF desired.

For $7 a bar and it lasts that long I don't think I will ever buy another bottle of conditioner again. Especially not when I get better results with this! Their idea of using it as a shaving lotion is pure genius and guess what? IT WORKS!

Squid Balm has so much to offer and it's all safe for the Earth which for me is a HUGE plus! Go and check them out and see if you can fall in love like I did!

 Disclosure: I received no compensation for this publication. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. Mrs Very Flamable's Savings and Reviews is responsible for prize shipment
 

No comments:

Post a Comment